MEDICARE ADVANTAGE CONTRACTING WITH LIFE PROFESSIONALS SENIOR SOLUTIONSCONTRACTING. SIMPLIFIED.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have not completed Step 1 (Creating Your Agent File), please reach out to your upline for a link to do so before moving into Step 2 (Requesting Medicare Advantage Contracts).
SAVE THIS PAGE just incase you need to come back and add contracts in the future and/or check for contracting assistance and instructions.
STEP 2: Request Your Medicare Advantage Contracts
Welcome to the team! The partners and trainers at Life Professionals are committed to providing you the very best training and support structure to help you succeed. Your commitment and effort are just as important.
If you need assistance during the Medicare Onboarding Process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.
You are now ready to request your Medicare Advantage contracts with the carriers listed in the “Carrier Contracting Request Instructions” section below.
CARRIER CONTRACTING REQUEST INSTRUCTIONS
Moving From Another Upline? CLICK HERE for Carrier Release Guidelines and Blackout Dates
|Carrier Name||Contracting Instructions|
Aetna (Includes Dental, Vision, Hearing)
Anthem BCBS / Amerigroup / Simply FL
BCBS IL, NM, OK, TX
Clearspring (NC, SC, GA, VA, IL, CO)
Humana / Care Plus (Includes Dental, Vision, Hearing & Med Supp)
Peoples Health Plan (LA)
Wellcare (Centene/Allwell) / HealthNet (Includes Mutual of Omaha MAPD)
Mutual of Omaha
Heartland (Hospital Indemnity) Carrier Map
National Dental Care (Dental)
READ ALL DIRECTIONS BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING
IMPORTANT!!! Once registered/logged-in, you will be required to enter a referral code. This is your unique code -> DP-001115
You will NOT be able to proceed without using this code.
Please visit the following link to request contracts:
– New users will create an account (see video below)
– New users with existing contracts (see “CURRENTLY CONTRACTED” image below)
– Existing users will login
When requesting your contracts, you will be prompted to select if you are contracting as an individual of business entity, along with other questions related to completing your contracting request. Once complete, you will then be prompted to choose from the list of contracts available to you (see the list to the left for a complete list). Follow the instructions provided to complete your contracting request.
RELEASES / NOTICE OF INTENT:
During the contracting request process you will be prompted to select if you have a release for any of the carriers selected. If you mark “yes”, you will be able to upload your release. If you mark “no”, you will be asked if you want to start the notice of intent process.
Q&A: How do I know if I need a release or if I need to start the notice of intent process?
If you are currently contracted under another upline, you will need a release.
If you cannot obtain a release from your current upline, you will need to start the notice of intent process.
If you have never been contracted or your contract was officially terminated by the carrier, you will not be required to have a release or start the notice of intent process.
|Florida Blue (BCBS of FL)||If you have selected Florida Blue when creating your Agent File, further instructions will be sent to the email address provided on your agent file.|
|Gateway||If you have selected Gateway when creating your Agent File, further instructions will be sent to the email address provided on your agent file.|
Highmark (DE, PA, WV)
Independence BCBS (PA)
HealthPartners (PA: Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Dauphin, Delaware, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Perry and Philadelphia counties)
For HealthFirst, Highmark, Independence BCBS or HealthPartners contracting, please complete the following Flash Packet:
Once submitted, further instructions will be sent to the email address provided on your submission.
For Aetna Medicare Supplement contracting, please complete SureLC/Surancebay registration via the following page:
DO NOT use your existing SureLC account or your alignment will not be correct. You will need to create a new SureLC account for Medicare specific contracts.
If you do not see a needed carrier on this page, please reach out to our contracting team to check availability.
What Do I Do After Submitting My Contracting Requests?
Important Note: All questions regarding Medicare contracting should be sent to Julie Davis at JulieD@LifeProfessionals.com. Please DO NOT submit questions to our contracting partner, Senior Market Advisors, as they are unable to assist in agent contracting support.
By this time, you’ve requested your contracts through the links and details provided in the “Carrier Contracting Request Instructions” above. If you haven’t completed that part, please do so before moving forward.
Here are some helpful tips to follow to make sure the contracting process runs as smoothly as possible for you:
- Be on the lookout for emails from the carriers you requested contracting for. Make sure to check your spam folder for carrier emails as they are notorious for going there. (If you have not received carrier specific onboarding instruction within one week of submitting your request, please complete the following form to request new links be sent to you: New Link Request / Note: DO NOT request new links without first checking your spam folder. ONLY request links for carriers that you have previously requested contracting for and have not received onboarding information for.)
- If you haven’t already, make sure you have requested any releases necessary from previous uplines and/or submitted your notice of intent. This will ensure that you do not experience delays in the contracting process. (For carrier specific information regarding releases and notice of intent, please refer to our MA Carrier Release Guidelines).
- Complete all carrier specific certifications for each carrier that you are contracting with.
- CALL & CONFRIM with each carrier that you have completed all steps necessary to move you into “READY TO SELL” status. You will receive a “ready to sell” letter or email from the carrier once you have completed all carrier requests and certifications and the carrier has processed your contracting request.
- Be sure to attend local carrier trainings.
Agent Connect & Resources
- Download the ZOHO CLIQ app on your mobile phone or tablet (App Store / Google Play) and let us know what email you use. We will add you to the Medicare group where you will get lots of live support, important news and real time conversations with trainers and producers in the field discussing all things Medicare.
- Request TRAINING access.
- Order your LEADS.
NOTE: Access to the Training website is granted AFTER contracts are requested and are in the processing/complete stage. If you have completed your contracting and certifications and have not received access to Dropbox and/or the training website, please reach out to Julie Davis at JulieD@LifeProfessionals.com for assistance.
- (Optional) Request CRM Access via our CRM REQUEST FORM – a great tool for agents wanting to keep track of their business.
- (Optional) Request your generic Scope of Appointment digital form via our SOA REQUEST FORM,
Contacts (Training & General Onboarding)
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Feel free to call any of us and we will be glad to assist you. Here are the contact numbers for our team:
Chad Davis, Business Development
Phone: (606) 585-2587
Linda Jenkins, National Medicare Specialist
Phone: (415) 420-3463
For Medicare Advantage Contracting & General Onboarding Questions
United Health Care
Member Services 800-950-9355
Broker Services 888-381-8581
Member Services MEB 800-282-5366
Broker Services 866-714-9301
Member Services 833-570-6670
Member Services 800-833-6917
Broker Services 800-309-3163
Member Services 888-550-5252
Broker Services 866-822-1339
Call for Appt ID 877-297-3625
Member Services 866-805-4589
Broker Services 888-209-7839
Member Services 866-398-6055
Broker Services 866-442-7516
New Link Request – https://form.jotform.com/Life_Professionals/MA_New_Link_Request
Add States To MA Contracting – https://form.jotform.com/Life_Professionals/MA_Add_States
Humana MGA Assignment Form – https://form.jotform.com/Life_Professionals/Humana
Sunfire Access Request – https://form.jotform.com/Life_Professionals/Sunfire
CARRIER CONTRACTING GUIDES
What SHOULD I EXPECT?
CARRIER SPECIFIC CONTRACTING GUIDES
Aetna Contracting Guide
Anthem / Amerigroup Contracting Guide
(Please make sure to only use Internet explorer for Anthem NoMoreForm contracting portal.)
Centene / Allwell Contracting Guide
Cigna Contracting Guide
Humana Contracting Guide
Molina Contracting Guide
United Healthcare Contracting Guide
Wellcare Contracting Guide
*** UPDATE ***
CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER
Contracting emails can come from a variety of addresses. Here are some common ones to look for:
Aetna MA: AetnaMedicare@aetna.com
United Healthcare: UHC_MedicareSolutionsContracting@sircon.com
MEDICARE ADVANTAGE cARRIER RELEASE GUIDES
How Do I Get A Release From My Current Upline?
Getting a Medicare Advantage release can be challenging. It often involves reciprocal agreements and waiting periods, and with rules differing from carrier to carrier, it is understandably confusing. Our team here at Life Professionals is here to help walk you through this complex procedure and make it as simple as possible.
Please refer to the carrier specific guidelines for immediate release and notice of intent instructions.
AETNA RELEASE GUIDELINES
ANTHEM RELEASE GUIDELINES
BRIGHT HEALTH RELEASE GUIDELINES
When a release is needed for a hierarchy change, there are two pathways for an agent to
obtain the release.
- Immediate Release
- 6 Months with No Production
The first step will always be for the agent to request the carrier contract. Once the request is received, a contracting link will be sent to the agent and they will be able to follow one of the two pathways for a hierarchy change.
● When completing the contracting link, the agent will upload the immediate release they have received from their current upline.
6 Months with No Production
● No production for 6 months
- Agent will complete the contracting link and be moved under us.
CIGNA HEALTHSPRING RELEASE GUIDELINES
DEVOTED RELEASE GUIDELINES
1/2 - 6/31
Processed within 5 calendar days
Processed 90 days post request
7/1 - 9/30
Processed within 5 calendar days
10/1 - 12/31
HUMANA RELEASE GUIDELINES
When a release is needed for a hierarchy change, there are two pathways for an agent to obtain the release.
1) Immediate Release
2) Notice of Intent with CHA MGA Assignment Form - 90 Day Wait
OPTION 1: Immediate Release
- CHA MGA Assignment Forms will be processed by the carrier depending on the date it was submitted. The process dates are as follows.
WELLCARE RELEASE GUIDELINES
UNITED HEALTHCARE RELEASE GUIDELINES
"Hello, My name is [agent name, writing number] my current contract is through [FMO Name]. I would like to move my contract to Life Professionals Senior Solutions whose FMO is Continental Health Alliance, LLC, writing number 6332303; NMA YourMedicare.Com, LLC, writing number YM0000.
Blackout Period DATES
|Anthem||9/1 - 12/31|
|BCBS TN||9/1 - 12/31|
|Humana||07/10 for NOI and 09/30 for Immediate Release|
|Shared Health||9/1 - 12/31|
Every carrier has different requirements for releases. Here are some examples:
UHC / Molina Example (Needs to come from Top of Hierarchy):
Hierarchy names FOR MA CONTRACTING
Aetna MA - Life Professionals Senior Solutions (Top of Hierarchy will be Senior Market Advisors)
Anthem - Medicare Health Benefits
BCBS TN - Continental Health Alliance
Cigna HS - Life Professionals Senior Solutions (Top of Hierarchy will be MHB Insurance Services)
Clover - Continental Health Alliance
Humana - Continental Health Alliance, GA # 988
UHC - Life Professionals Senior Solutions (Top of Hierarchy will be Continental Health Alliance)
Wellcare - Life Professionals Senior Solutions (Top of Hierarchy will be Jeff Pitta)
Molina - Life Professionals Senior Solutions (Top of Hierarchy will be Continental Health Alliance)